Pictured (clockwise from top): Chanel bag // Tom Ford sunglasses c/- Vision Direct // Luxe Guide to Paris // J.Crew crystal earrings // YSL Touche Eclat // Fresh ‘Sugar’ tinted lip balm // Diptyque Eau de Sens perfume // Chanel brooch // Chanel ‘L’Eclatante’ lipstick.
Bonjour! We’re just back from a week in Paris where we had the most wonderful time. Even though it rained solidly for four out of our six days there (meaning we had to cancel our planned day trips to Versailles and Giverny), it was still pretty much perfect. We went to all our favourite places for tea and desert (and then walked and walked all over the city to work it off), spent hours in galleries, and lazed in the beautiful gardens when the weather was kind.
I’m not even going to bother packing away my suitcase, because in another week we’re off to Italy! My fiancé has a conference in Bologna, so I’ve invited myself along to explore the nearby cities whilst he’s in lectures (I’m thinking of day tripping to Florence and Verona), with a few days together in Venice at the end. Please send all your Italian recommendations my way!
1. If you haven’t already, do a new-season wardrobe stocktake: pack away all your out of season clothes, go through all your current-season items to be sure they definitely still deserve a place in your closet (my qualifying criteria: it must be a) loved, b) worn often, c) flattering, d) still in good repair), take any clothes or shoes that need refreshing to the drycleaner/cobbler, and replace any worn-out or missing essentials.
2. I recently bought this dress (looks just like Chanel, but at a fraction of the price) to wear in Paris, but it was so rainy it sat in my suitcase unworn. Thankfully it will look just as cute in Italy next week as it will for brunch dates and bike rides in London.
3. I love anything orange blossom scented, and this new Diptyque perfume is the perfect iteration for summer. Crisp and fresh (and not at all sickly), it is perfect for long summer days (or just those days that could use a little more sunshine).
4. J.Crew jewels are my weakness, and these perfect crystal earrings (that go with literally every outfit I own) and dahlia necklace (full disclosure: I also bought the matching bracelet) might be my favourite jewellery acquisitions so far this year.
5. Coupled-up? 13 questions to ask your significant other before getting married, via the New York Times (I would also add: “Have you ever contemplated voting for Donald Trump?” to that list…)
6. I would quite happily own everything Kate Spade ever made but, for the sake of being a responsible adult, usually practice restraint. But when I bought these salt + pepper shakers as a hostess gift for a friend last week, they were so especially cute I ended up getting another set for myself (and hurray for the fact that Kate Spade homewares are now stocked in the UK at John Lewis!)
7. Because it is seemingly raining everywhere in the world right now (what summer?), make the most of the mini-autumn and indulge in all your favourite indoor pursuits. Perhaps a romantic date at a cosy little bistro, a visit to a new exhibition, or a low-fi date at home with new books and old movies (I’m just about to dive into this one, in attempt to deal with my sense of always feeling overwhelmed).
P.S. Don’t forget you can follow me over on Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest and Facebook for daily updates.
As always, please do let me know what you’re currently buying, doing or enjoying in the comments below (I always love reading your favourites). Have a wonderful weekend everyone!
Love, Miss B xx