Hello lovelies! Although most of you follow my everyday adventures over on Instagram, I thought I’d start a new regular series on here where I can share the things I’m reading, buying and enjoying each week. I never want this blog to be just about fashion, so this is hopefully a new way to share some things that don’t warrant an entire post (whilst also allowing me to post more frequently, too). As always, I’m so grateful for your feedback and advice on what you want to see more (or less) of around here, so please do let me know in the comments!
This week we have family visiting from Australia (hurrah for deliveries of Haighs chocolate and dried peaches to cure expat cravings), so evenings have mostly been spent exploring Cambridge, picnicking in the botanical gardens and working our way through our neighbourhood restaurants.
1. Even though I’m still trying to stay in summer mode (I don’t want to let the last of the season pass me by), I definitely have that ‘back to school’ feeling that always seems to arrive towards the end of August. Although I now add all my appointments to my iPhone calendar the moment I confirm them (otherwise: goldfish memory), I still love a hardback planner for all my daily ‘to do’ lists and things I need to remember. I just bought this perfect Kate Spade 17-month agenda (I buy one every year and I love that they start in August and run to the following December) and am spending this weekend getting myself organised.
3. Although I’m trying to read more novels (any suggestions? I’d love to hear what you’ve enjoyed recently), I always favour interesting biographies and non-fiction books. I’m fascinated by the tech industry, and have just devoured ‘How Google Works’; it’s a fascinating insight into this game-changing company and why they’re so successful (confession: I dream of working there one day).
4. It is a sad day when peony season comes to an end (I bought the very last bunch from the market last weekend and felt smugly victorious). Head to the market this weekend and treat yourself to a giant bunch of hydrangeas or dahlias instead.
6. I’m usually sleep-deprived, and this guide to getting a better night’s sleep is an excellent reminder (note to self: stop staring at my iPhone in the dark at midnight!)
7. I loved this post by Garance on how women’s careers and lifestyle influences their style. It’s something I think about often; my day job in politics requires me to be fairly corporate when I’m in the office (you’ll usually find me in a tuxedo blazer and heels during the day, but always with a little sparkle and my own feminine spin), so I love letting loose and being extra feminine or playful with my style when I’m off-duty. I’d love to know how your lifestyle influences your own style?
Happy weekend, lovelies!