Summer has finally arrived here in England, so I’m trying to make the most of every free hour. This weekend will involve bike rides, lazing in the park with my love, and Sunday brunch and a trip to the flower market with my friend. I wish these long balmy days could last forever.
1. Last weekend, after a late Saturday night at a glittering Cambridge ball, we spent all of Sunday afternoon lazing in the Botanical Gardens. We packed a little picnic, found a peaceful corner, and spent hours and hours just reading beside each other beneath the shade of a big tree. I started The Versions Of Us (which had been sitting in my ‘to read’ pile for at least a year) and haven’t been able to put it down since (bonus points for being set in Cambridge). It’s meant to be lovely all weekend, so I know where I’ll be tomorrow morning…
2. How are your 2016 goals and resolutions going? We’ve over half-way through the year, so now is the perfect time to assess how things are going and put in motion actions to get where you want to be by the time the year is out. Personally, I’m trying to have more spontaneous adventures and travel more often, get better at balancing every part of my life, and actually turn up to barre class every week.
3. Do you need a palm-print teapot? Of course not. But it sure beats a sad tea bag in a mug. I ordered this one recently and it makes me smile every time I use it (and I’m pretty sure I score bonus adult points for actually using a teapot).
4. Business in the front, party in the back: obviously I’m going to need these cute little ankle-strap pumps for work (and weekends, and everywhere in between…)
5. Ok, I probably need a Self Portrait intervention but, well, it’s just so very lovely (and the quality of labels triple the price). I just added this blouse to my collection and it’s true sartorial love.
6. Have you read Lena Dunham’s piece on our addiction to apologising? Even though I know that as a woman it’s incredibly disempowering to say ‘sorry’ a hundred times a day – sorry for having an opinion, sorry when someone else is rude to me, and sorry for one of the many balls I’ve failed to juggle that day (not seeing my friends enough, not leaving the office early enough to spend any time with my fiancé, forgetting to do something important) – it’s a habit I have trouble shaking. Do you say sorry more than you should?
7. We’ve lived in our place for exactly two years now, yet still most of our walls are completely naked. So I’ve resolved to finally set about getting all my pictures framed (including my beloved Gray Malin aerial prints) and putting up a gallery wall.
P.S. Don’t forget you can follow me over on Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest and Facebook for daily updates + catch my latest posts (in case you missed them) here:
Style: The best little white dress + coffee dates in Notting Hill
Life: On freedom, love and politics
Style: Punting on the River Cam with friends
As always, please do let me know what you’re buying, doing or enjoying this week in the comments below (I always love reading your favourites). I hope you all have a wonderful long weekend!
Love, Miss B xx