I honestly don’t know where this week went. After a whirlwind trip to The Netherlands for work the other day, my stepmother came to stay from Australia last weekend so I was busy playing tourist after work all week. It’s going to be a rainy weekend here in England (April showers do get me down), so I have a pretty low-key weekend plans of spring cleaning + organising my wardrobe, going to see a movie, and getting my hair done (I’m so very rock and roll).
1. I don’t know about you, but a single red lipstick seems to last me for years. So when you purchase the same one for the third time, you know it’s a winner. My friend Tania first introduced me to the excellence of Tom Ford ‘Cherry Lush‘ – the perfect true red shade – about 8 years ago, and I’ve been loyal to it ever since.
2. I am always on the hunt for the perfect breton striped top; it must be white -not cream – and navy, slim enough that it doesn’t look as though I have literally stolen it from a French fisherman – but not skin tight, and just the right thickness so that it’s flattering and doesn’t stretch out in the wash (I’m so demanding, I know). I ordered this one last week and I think the search might finally be over!
3. Now is the perfect time to pack away all your winter boots and shoes and bring out your summer footwear. While you’re at it, take the time to clean them all and take any which need new soles or heels to the cobbler. If you haven’t worn them at all in the past year, it’s probably time to sell them or donate them on.
4. I just rediscovered this rose beauty balm. I used to use it for years as a cleansing balm (I would take off my makeup and then leave it on in the shower for 10 minutes to work as a treatment masque) but then forgot about it. I’ve been using it every evening for the past couple of weeks and my skin is already so much softer.
5. If you’re in London, don’t miss the ‘Painting the Modern Garden’ exhibition at the Royal Academy (which ends in a few days). I went with my aunt the other week (followed by afternoon tea at Laduree on Piccadilly) and it was just breathtaking from start to finish.
6. Do you have sugar face? I’m trying really hard to minimise sugar (my one vice; though I’m realistic enough to know I’ll never cut it out completely) myself, and if the health benefits weren’t enough of a motivator, this article might just speak to your vanity.
7. I’m more of a proponent for wardrobe classics vs short-lived trends, and there’s no lovelier an icon than the white summer dress. This white cotton + lace version is practically perfect in every way (bonus points for the budget-friendly price tag), and is sure to accompany me on many summer adventures.
P.S. Don’t forget you can follow me over on Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest and Facebook for daily updates + catch my latest posts (in case you missed them) here:
Travel: 36 Hours in Holland
Beauty: 5 Rules for Waking Up Prettier
Style: Bow & Arrow
As always, please do let me know what you’re buying, doing or enjoying this week in the comments below (I always love reading your favourites). I hope you all have a wonderful long weekend!
Love, Miss B xx