2. Sparkling: I have a thing for beautiful bracelets, and the double-cuff (the same bracelet worn symmetrically on each wrist) has become my jewellery signature. This crystal version from J. Crew is ever so beautiful, and will add a little Gatsby glamour to every outfit. I’ll have two, thank you!
3. Wearing: I’m not yet ready to give up bare legs and hibernate beneath wintery layers, but September has brought with it an autumnal chill in the air and a tendency to a sudden rainy shower which call for a little more than a summer dress. I’ve just added this perfect Coach trench coat (a timeless classic) to my wardrobe and have been throwing it over everything to make my wardrobe feel instantly more autumn-appropriate.
4. Beauty note: After a summer of petal pinks and bright lips, I’m currently craving a 60′s cat eye and nude lip. The best shades I’ve found are from MAC (‘Hue’ or ‘Myth’) or Tom Ford (‘Vanilla Suede’ or ‘Blush Nude’), and really, could there be anything more chic than pulling out a little black and gold tube of Tom Ford lipstick?
5. For the home: As the nights draw longer, I’m favouring cosy evening indoors and am making my home feel as welcoming as possible with warm throws, scented candles, soft lamps and twinkly lights. This clear Kartell bougie lamp is my favourite, and adds a touch of modern French chic to my desk.
6. Play: Making the most of the last lingering moments of summer and the first days of Autumn with lazy weekend walks along the river and evening bike rides around town. Happiness is having the wind in my hair and a big bunch of flowers from the market in my Pashley basket.
7. Small luxury: Because a girl can never have enough sparkle, I’ll be adding these charming little lucky horseshoe studs (which look much more expensive than they are) and the matching necklace to my collection.
8. On my wishlist: I have an unfailing weakness for both Valentino and lace, so the two combined is irresistible. These lace ankle strap pumps are chic, feminine and just the right height that they could be dressed up with a cocktail dress, or down with a flirty skirt or cropped trousers for day.
9. Listening to: My love for Paris extends to my musical tastes, and the annual albums released by Hotel Costes (that chic Parisian establishment) are perfect for sunny days and evening cocktail hours alike.
10. Watching: The Spring/Summer ’14 collections on the runway at London Fashion Week. Orla Kiely is always a favourite, and the Mulberry show at Claridge’s was utter perfection; from the invitations arriving with a miniature Wedgwood teacup and Claridge’s afternoon tea being served for breakfast to the beautiful embellished floral prints and dogs in Mulberry jackets on the runway.
I hope you’re all having a lovely month! I’d love to hear what your favourite things are currently!
Love, Miss B xx