1. Play: I am super excited to be making my first trip to New Orleans at the end of this month (before a week in New York). I am looking forward to Halloween adventures, Southern food and exploring a new corner of America with my BFF Nicolette and her significant other (see my adventures from last Halloween in New York here).
2. Listening to: In preparation for New Orleans, I’m listening to Louis Armstrong, Harry Connick Jnr. and all the NOLA jazz legends (the perfect accompaniment to grey, autumnal evenings). In my imagination, Bourbon Street still bursts with smoky jazz bars and blues bands around every corner…
3. On my wish list: Those who know me know that I’m never seen without a necklace (or three), and a knockout crystal statement piece is my weakness. This collar by Shourouk is wildly extravagant, but oh so desirable!
4. Wearing: October has ushered in its chilly mornings and dark evenings and it is officially sweater weather! But as I can’t quite bear to unpack my industrial-strength coats from storage just yet, I’ve been stockpiling cashmere and wearing my favourite sweaters everyday. I like witty knits teamed with Oxford shirts and preppy blazers, or the softest cashmere jumpers worn with girlish dresses and feminine silk blouses. (My favourites are J. Crew‘s cashmere ‘Tippi’ style in ice blue or blush pink, Iris & Ink‘s fluffy angora knits in the palest marshmallow pink or cream, or Chinti & Parker‘s fun jumpers)
5. Sparkling: Part jewellery, part beauty product; this golden fox ring from ASOS (I also got the owl brooch because I have a thing for woodland animal motifs) is darling as a cocktail ring in its own right, but also opens to reveal a tiny pot of lip balm. Adorable!
6. Beauty note: Jo Malone‘s Rosewater & Vanilla Intense parfum is my new fragrance obsession. I’ve been wearing it daily and it feels so perfect for dark, cosy autumn days. It smells of the finest turkish delight and rose petals and champagne cocktails and is on the right side of luxurious gourmand sweetness( rather than the sickly saccharine scents of your youth).
7. For the home: In my book, it isn’t a good evening at home without the glow of a beautifully-scented candle. This new Noisetier scent from Diptyque smells of hazelnuts and autumn leaves and everything cosy.
8. Buying: After months and months on my wishlist and a fully-fledged addiction to the brand, I finally bought this gorgeous RED Valentino dress (also available here, and as a top here). The dark floral print will be so perfect dressed up or down all autumn and winter long.
9. Watching: Rainy evenings call for box sets of my favourite tv shows. My current guilty pleasure is watching back-to-back episodes of Scandal and fondly reminiscing over my time in Washington (in my next life, I want to come back as Olivia Pope).
10. Small luxuries: Blackberry picking, jumping in piles of golden leaves, mugs of steaming hot chocolate, and indulging in all my favourite autumn pursuits.
I hope you’re all having a wonderful month!
Love, Miss B xx