1. Play: Flying to New York this week (there will be Autumnal picnics in Central Park and West Village shopping and apple cider and rides in yellow taxis and Manhattan skyline gazing)
3. Beauty note: Plummy, burgundy manicures (Chanel Suspicious is my current favourite)
4. Buying: I’ll need to clear a whole section of empty space in my suitcase for J. Crew purchases alone, but I’ve especially got my eye on their perfect cashmere jumpers in bubblegum pink and navy that I’ll team with crisp white Oxford shirts or ladylike chiffon midi skirts and jewels for walks on the Upper East Side (that last part is mostly just in my daydreams).
5. On my wishlist: Because a
magpie girl like me can never have too many twinkly jewels, I’m dreaming of a wrist adorned with Lulu Frost’s marvellous cocktail bracelets.
6. For my home: Laduree Marie Antoinette tea in powder blue teacups; the height of luxury for cosy rainy weekends indoors.
7. Sparkling: These cheap and chic gobstopper-sized earrings from ASOS.
8. Watching: Mid-week theatre dates always make me smile (this month it’s Roald Dahl’s Matilda in London). The red velvet seats, the sound of the orchestra tuning and the lights dimming give me happy goosebumps every time.
9. Listening: The mornings may be getting colder and darker (rendering it near-impossible to get out of a cosy bed), but the sounds of big band standards as I’m putting on my makeup definitely makes getting ready for work feel a whole lot more fun.
10. Small pleasures: Watching the trees that line the Thames and the River Cam turn to shades of umber and burnt orange, and jumping in big piles of crunchy autumn leaves underfoot.
I hope you’re all having a wonderful October! What are a few of your favourite things currently?
Love, Miss B xx