1. Wearing: I had this Carven pinafore dress (just like a toddler’s pinafore for grown-ups) on my wishlist for months, and picked it up on sale at Net-a-Porter. It’s already a firm favourite; being worn with silk blouses and tshirts and pearls and bow heels.
2. Sparkling: This J. Crew crystal necklace which seems to go with everything and makes each outfit more sparkly, and these fun lolly-pink gem earrings (a bargain at ASOS) to add a touch or 50s glamour to an otherwise plain outfit.
3. Watching: The London Olympic Games kick of this week, and I’ll be at the opening ceremony (cheering on one of my best friends in the world, who is a volunteer performer).
4. Buying: These too-silly-to-pass-up Olympics souvenir knickers from Stella McCartney are far better than any other Olympic paraphernalia I’ve come across.
5. Small luxuries: Care packages from home that contain confetti, hand-written letters and all my Australian favourites (Australian Vogue, Frankie, Haighs chocolates, dried peaches and Cadbury black forest bars). Thank you Wee Birdy for sending me some Australian love!
6. Playing: Treasure-hunting at Portobello Road market, pottering around Notting Hill in the sunshine and brunching with dear friends.
7. Beauty note: Nars Copacabana illuminator stick to make me glow as though I’ve just come back from somewhere far more exotic.
8. On my wishlist: This blush pink ‘Emma’ clutch from Kate Spade quite simply needs to come and live with me. A Jane Austen novel that is actually a bag? I can’t resist!
9. Listening to: The sunshine has (at long last!) come out to play in England. So I’m going on cycle rides all over Cambridge with the sounds of my favourite French pop in my ears (Brigitte Bardot, Nouvelle Vague, Vanessa Paradis, Francoise Hardy). Ooh la la!
10. For my home: Throwing open the windows and filling my house with warm breezes, cut flowers and the smell of fresh basil growing on my windowsill.
I’d love to hear what’s making you smile this month!
Love, Miss B xx