1. Play: Twirling around outdoor ice rinks beneath the glittering London sky (in my head this is with an elegant ease; in reality, I suspect, far less so…)
2. On my wishlist: I think it’s about time I finally give in and buy myself this beautiful Miu Miu necklace (that has been on my wishlist for months and months)
3. For my home: Burning scented candles each evening to make coming in from the cold feel like a luxurious affair. And just because I have a thing for woodland creatures, this squirrel match holder/strike must come and live with me.
4. Buying: Come wintertime and the festive season, I do love a snuggly, fun knit. I’ve already added three fluffy sweaters to my wardrobe this season (which I have been wearing with everything from dresses and skirts to tailored shorts and sharp trousers; always accompanied by a smattering of jewels and the collar of a blouse peeking out at the neckline), and have just added this perfect navy jewel-adorned number from Topshop to the mix.
5. Watching: There are few mythical men I adore more than James Bond, and a Skyfall movie date with the Clever Boyfriend (who I have virtually bullied into becoming a Bond fan too…) has sparked a month-long James Bond marathon in our household.
6. Small pleasures: Chilly evenings spent luxuriously hibernating indoors with a cup of tea and a stack of books (I’m currently re-reading this beautiful edition of The Great Gatsby, amongst others). I am so rock ‘n’ roll…
7. Sparkling: Glittering cocktail rings with rich burgundy manicures. This star ring by Kenneth Jay Lane is pretty much perfect!
8. Wearing: I’m currently wearing embellished collars with everything (blouses with a crystal-studded collar, dresses with a sparkly peter pan collar, jumpers with a bejwelled neckline). I love this adorable (and budget-friendly) detachable version that can be popped over everything this winter.
9. Beauty note: A deep red pout (I’m currently favouring Chanel Rouge Allure no. 71 in Fatale and MAC lipstick in Ruby Woo) paired with rich burgundy nails (Chanel’s classic Rouge Noir or the sparkling limited-edition Malice or Orly On The List are current favourites) add a hint of glamour on cold days.
10. Listening to: Evenings in are turned suddenly more luxurious with a steady stream of moody jazz and big band standards. It’s all about Ella (Fitzgerald), Frank (Sinatra) and Nina (Simone) at cocktail hour…
I would love to hear some of your current favourite things!
Love, Miss B xx