Hi lovelies! What are you all up to this weekend? I’ve been working all hours on a big project at work, so this week absolutely flew by with little time for play. This weekend I’m happily skipping Fashion Week (honestly, I just don’t enjoy the hectic schedule, the politics of attending shows and filling people’s Instagram feeds with blurry runway pictures…) in favour of catching up with friends and indulging in a few Autumnal traditions.
1. Autumn is officially here! Mark the start of the season with a trip to the farmers market to stock up on new season dahlias, berries, figs and apples and the last of the summer peaches.
2. The mornings are suddenly a whole lot chillier here in Cambridge. I just ordered this cute duffle coat to team with breton strips and ankle boots (though it seems to work with seemingly everything) on off-duty days.
3. I just ordered this for my entryway (because who doesn’t love a brass pineapple?).
4. This Upper East Side New York apartment on my friend Katy’s blog is the stuff of real estate dreams.
5. The NARS x Christopher Kane collection is all pretty great, but this perfect pale pink gloss in ‘Nucleus’ is my favourite (I’ve been wearing it nearly every day this week).
6. I loved this post: “I look like an Engineer”. My fiancé is a scientist at Cambridge, and I’m always struck by how few women are in his courses at Cambridge (although it goes without saying that those who are there are brilliant). Like politics (remember my post here?), I’d love to see more women in STEM subjects, and this hashtag is a pretty great start at highlighting the pool of female talent that already exists.
7. Oh good, Mercury is in retrograde again. As usual, Gala Darling has the best guide to getting through it (which honestly is really great advice even if you’re a complete skeptic).
Love, Miss B xx