Regular readers may remember the ’30 Things To Do Before I’m 30′ post I did for my 29th birthday back in February. Six months on, I’m still joyfully working my way through the list and am well on my way to checking off all thirty.
Because it remains one of my most popular posts to date and because so many of you emailed to say that it inspired you to make your own list of goals for this year, I thought I’d use the six month mark as a timely excuse to revisit the list (as much for my own motivation as yours).
Some things I’ve already checked off (visiting Japan during cherry blossom season – although we sadly missed the full blossom explosion by two days), a long weekend in the Cotswolds, exploring new parts of London each month (the image above is from my first trip to Columbia Road Flower Market), going to Wimbledon (an English must), attending the Olympics (it would have been rude not to), and spending a whole summer night at a Cambridge May Ball (unquestionably the most gloriously decadent party I’ve ever been to) and more.
I only shared ten things from my list last time, so here’s a few more that I hope might inspire you all too.
11) Do something that makes me feel like an excited small child (in my case, this was a trip to Tokyo Disneyland; I practically squealed with glee when I walked through those gates and felt all my childhood excitement from trips to Disneylad with my parents come rushing back)
12) Go to a music festival (I’m off to my very first one as I write this!)
13) Aim to end the year the healthiest I’ve ever been
14) Send thoughtful and sweet parcels and hand-written letters to my friends around the world often (because getting wonderful post is a delight)
15) Book in for the most opulent afternoon tea in town (I went to the Berkeley in London with my friend Dearne for their fashion-themed Pret-a-Portea)
16) Learn a new skill (I spent a weekend learning to knit in Cornwall)
18) Make the most of the Cambridge summer with hours spent riding my bike and having lazy picnics by the river as punts float down the Cam
19) Go to at least two galleries and museums I’ve never visited
20) Go ice skating outdoors at Christmas (a childhood fantasy I’m still yet to indulge)
Have you made your own list? I’d love to hear how you’re all going!
Love, Miss B xx